I sat through the latest telecast of “We The People” on NDTV and was amazed at we the people.
The program revolved around “Noida Double Murders”, Police investigations and Media responses to such a sensitive issue.
Few important points observed:
· What ever was discussed with so much of heat was off the mark and they terribly missed the central point.
· Police officers limited them selves to police procedures only.
· Star anchors stood their ground in defense of what great work they did and were noisier than the politicians they try to pacify unsuccessfully so often.
· What was not discussed was far more important than that they did.
· Why and how mindless TRP chasing has reduced them to depth of desperation to score over rivals?
· Why they harp on so much of sleaze to sell time?
· Why they think nothing of slandering a teenager who is no longer in the world to defend her reputation?
· If police is clueless about today’s youth are they any wiser?
· Why did they so shamelessly show imaginary enactment of how the servant and the girl were found by the father, based solely on police lame investigation?
· If the police were clueless did they show they were any better?
· Some even showed imaginary graphics and thought nothing of it.
· Why their well-dressed smart anchors get so gleefully excited while telling about gruesome human tragedies of unfortunate people?
It’s distasteful and nauseating indeed to me and do hope to get reactions of learned people on these matters.